and we couldn’t leave you hanging after all the work you’ve done this month.
As a small thank-you now we have 3 recipe’s for you to try out (quick and easy).
Thank you @Ich_bin_Jade for compiling these recipe’s together and working with @Gummy_Thunder on this advent 2022.
Mug Cake (not allergen-free)
4 tbsp self-raising flour
4 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder(optional)
1 medium egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
a few drops of vanilla essence or other essence (orange or peppermint work well)
2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins etc (optional)
- Add 4 tbsp self-raising flour, 4 tbsp caster sugar and 2 tbsp cocoa powder to the largest mug you have (to stop it overflowing in the microwave) and mix.
- Add 1 medium egg and mix in as much as you can, but don’t worry if there’s still dry mix left.
- Add the 3 tbsp milk, 3 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil and a few drops of vanilla essence and mix until smooth, before adding 2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins, if using, and mix again.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on High for 1½ -2 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch.
Gluten Free Victoria/Vanilla Sandwich Mug Cake
1 large egg
50 ml vegetable or rapeseed oil, (plus extra for greasing)
50 g self-raising gluten free flour
50 g caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
Coco powder (optional)
- Pour a few drops of oil into each mug (approx half a teaspoon) and use a piece of kitchen towel to grease the mug, ensuring the bottom and sides are covered. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat the egg, flour, sugar, oil and vanilla extract until combined using a fork or spoon. Pour the mixture evenly between the two cups.
- Microwave each cup (one at a time) for 70 seconds. This time may vary depending on your microwave – see notes. Once each cup is done, leave to stand for 30-60 seconds.
- Using a sharp, thin knife, gently cut around the edge of each cake to loosen it from the sides of the mug. Then flip it upside down firmly. The cake should come out as your lift the mug. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes
Chocolate Vegan Mug Cake (also Vegetarian friendly)
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon canola oil, melted coconut oil or vegan butter
3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt and baking powder to a mug. Stir or whisk to combine.
- Pour in the oil, non-dairy milk and vanilla into the mug with the dry ingredients and stir well with a spoon. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Cook in the microwave for 40 seconds. It will likely be a little undercooked in the middle at this point, but if you want it cooked more, microwave it for another 10-20 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
We’d love to know if you’ve tried any and maybe even how you tweaked them so you might like them more!
Happy years-end everyone!
Hope to see you back ‘next year’